Loofah Dishwashing Sponge (3 pcs)
You Save: $2.00 (25%)
- Material: 100% natural loofah plant fibre, cotton string, 100% biodegradable
- Size: 11cm (length), 7cm (width)
How to use:
- Soak the loofah in water before using it for the first time, it will expand and soften
- After that, you can use it like regular dish sponge to clean dishes
- After use, keep the loofah dry by hanging it up
Zero waste sponge
Unlike traditional sponge that is most made from mostly plastic material, our dishwashing sponges are made from 100% natural loofah plants. They are completely biodegradable and compostable. You can simply throw it in the compost bin when it reaches the end of its life. They are perfect addition for your zero waste kitchen!
What is loofah
Loofah plant is a fast-growing plant in the cucumber family. They can grow year-round in almost any tropical climates and are popular in Vietnam, China, Japan and India. After the plant booms, the flower grows into a long, gourd-like plant that looks like a giant cucumber. The gourds are harvested and left to dry out for up to six months. Once they are completely dry, they can be sliced into smaller pieces as sponges.